Ask the Nutritionist.
We offer scientific and safe solutions :
Barley Crunchy Nut Salad
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 cup Barley
- 1/2 cup Almonds roasted
- Salt to taste
- 2 large Cucumbers cut into small pieces
- 2 large Tomatoes cut into small pieces Celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 5-6 Black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tablespoonsLemon juice
- 4 largeLettuce leaves
- Soak barley in three cups of water for six hours. Drain and pressure cook with three cups of water and salt till almost done.
- Drain and set aside to cool. In a large bowl combine barley,
- Cucumbers , tomatoes , almonds , celery , coriander leaves , salt, crushed peppercorns and lemon juice and toss well.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving platter, transfer the tossed salad onto the lettuce bed and serve immediately.