Ask the Nutritionist.
We offer scientific and safe solutions :
Barley Vegetable Soup
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp chopped tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooked barley (jau)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry red chilli flakes.
For The Garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté over a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the vegetable stock, carrots, tomatoes, spinach and salt, mix well and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the barley mix well and simmer for another minute.
- Remove from the flame, add the oregano and red chilli flakes and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander