The noon meal is in most cases the main meal of the day. It is half way down the day. You are most productive four hours before and after that. By 1 pm, you have exhausted most of your energy stores and you are famished.
A sugar rush or greasy meal will not save the rest of the day. You will actually go into a post lunch slump.
So, the best meals are a wholesome blend of appropriate nutrients. Nutri Health Systems offers you ‘The Perfect Lunch Box’:
- Vegetable Broken Wheat Pulao With Almonds. Finely diced carrots, beans, cauliflower florets, almonds can be sautéed in oil. Add broken wheat (dalia), season to taste and pressure cook with one whistle. Carry this in your lunch box making a fibre rich meal that will keep you going till evening.
- Oats with Yogurt and Berries. In a glass mason jar, add oats cooked in salt water. Layer it with thick curd. Do not blend the mix. Layer them for great look and feel. Add another layer of fresh seasonal berries or jamuns or grapes even prunes. Top goes to flaxseeds. Let this meal cool in your refrigerator, enjoy it cool.
- Steamed Peanuts And Tomato Sandwich. Two slices of multi grained bread, a nice layer of sliced tomatoes grilled in olive oil, sprinkled with pepper. Top it with a salad of steamed or boiled peanuts tempered with mustard and curry leaves.
- Red Cabbage Noodles And Boiled Egg. Slice red and green cabbage in to long strips. Stir fry these with diced carrots, spring onions in olive oil tempered with garlic. Carry these vegetable noodles in your lunch box with a whole boiled egg on the side. Sprinkle salt as well as pepper when you are about to eat.
- Cauliflower Meal. Grate fresh cauliflower. Stir fry onions, chilles, peas and beets or carrots in oil of choice. Add the grated cauliflower and season with salt, roasted cumin powder and lemon juice. Carry a cup of fresh yogurt and enjoy this zero carb meal for lunch.
Hope you like our power packed lunch ideas. Nutritionists at Nutri Health Systems plan diets as per your constitution. Your meals depend on your blood group and Ayurveda Prakriti. The diet expert devises a menu pattern that will suit your body. Talk to her before try out these new foods in your routine.