Ask the Nutritionist.
We offer scientific and safe solutions :
Brown Rice and Vegetable Saute
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth (any flavor broth will do)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms , sliced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare rice as directed on box using broth of your choice.
- Meanwhile over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and add onion. Saute for 3 minutes, stirring often
- Add broccoli and cover for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and remaining ingredients to pan and saute until mushrooms release their juices, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.