Ask the Nutritionist.
We offer scientific and safe solutions :
BENEFITS OF GHIYA JUICE
Ghiya juice has many properties that are valued in traditional healing.
- The bottle gourd(ghiya) is low in fat and cholesterol yet high in dietary fiber. It contains 96% water and 100gm of it contains around 12 Kcal. It is rich in iron and also has vitamins C and B complex. It has sodium of 1.8mg per 100gm and 87 mg of potassium making it suitable vegetable for hypertensive patients. Ghiya helps in getting rid of burning sensation in stomach. It is excellent for digestive problems and diabetes.
- During summers, due to extensive heat rays of the sun, the watery portion ( Kapha) of the body becomes dry and vata becomes more prominent in the body . Ghiya juice has a naturally cooling effect which keeps you refreshed in summer.
- Ghiya juice is an excellent remedy for excessive thirst caused by diarrhea, over consumption of fatty or fried foods.
- Ghiya juice is very valuable in treating urinary disorders. It serves as an alkaline mixture for treating burning sensation in urinary passage due to high acidity of urine. A glassful of ghiya juice mixed with teaspoonful of lime juice carries the potential for breaking calculus (stones) in body.
- Ghiya vegetable is very good for balancing liver function. It is recommended when the liver is inflamed.
- A glass full of Ghiya juice prevents the early greying of hair.
- Mixture of ghiya juice and sesame oil acts as an effective medicine for insomnia. It should be massaged over scalp every night. The juice is useful in treating insanity, epilepsy & other nervous diseases.
- Ghia juice is a cardiac tonic, it is an excellent remedy for hypertension and heart diseases.
Ghiya can be taken as juice, vegetable, ghiya dal, ghiya soup, ghia kheer, ghia in stuffed roti.