Ask the Nutritionist.
We offer scientific and safe solutions :
Hara Masala Brown Rice Pulao
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 ½ cup brown rice
- 11/2 cup fresh chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup fresh chopped mint leaves
- 8 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 3 green cardmoms
- 6-8 cloves
- 1 inch chopped ginger
- 1 medium size carrot,scraped and cubed
- 7-8 small florets of cauliflower
- Salt to taste
- 41/2 cup vegetable stock
- 4-5 french beans ½ pieces
- Soak brown rice in two and half cups of water for two hours. Drain and set aside.
- For green chutney grind coriander leaves, mint leaves, garlic and green chillies to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon, green cardamoms, cloves and ginger and sauté till fragrant. Add carrot, cauliflower and brown rice and mix well.
- Add three tablespoons of green chutney and salt and stir to mix well.
- Add vegetable stock and French beans and mix well.
- When the mixture comes to a boil,reduce heat, cover and cook till the rice is done. Serve hot.
Note : Serving 4 persons