Ask the Nutritionist.
We offer scientific and safe solutions :
MEXICAN BEANS AND RICE SALAD
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 cup long gram rice, cooked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 15 oz red beans, cooked
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cut broccolli into small florets and wash well, soak in salted water for 10-15 min and drain.
- Peel and roughly chop onion and garlic, wash and chop celery stalk.
- Dry roast almonds on medium heat till the skin changes colour slightly.Remove from heat. Cool it and slice them.
- Add broccolli and continue to cook without covering the pan. Cook for 5-7 min till broccolli becomes tender.
- Remove from fire, cool and puree it in a blender.
- Add milk to pureed broccolli, mix well. Bring to boil again.
- Add salt and white pepper powder to taste, stir in roasted almonds and serve hot.